Welcome to Cio by Design’s first Double Z-fold Card project. This project leverages a computer, files, and a laser printer. If you really like the look of this card and want to do more than one, I have included an addition pattern and a file to create six cards in each pattern. To access the files for this tutorials, please join our free resource library by clicking: http://ciobydesign.com/contact.
As a debut to this tutorial, I am doing a giveaway of 10 card kits through a giveaway using rafflecopter: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/7ee164511/?. The giveaway will run until the middle of April or until our subscribers grow to 100.
Note: Video tutorial to follow.
- Computer (with internet access, laser printer connectivity and ability to download files)
- Laser printer
- Laminator (with parchment paper sleeve)
- 4 pieces of 8 ½” x 11” white card stock (1 piece of Stardream Collection for card base due to the heavy weight and 2 pieces of white metallic cardstock paper for pattern paper, greeting and two blank square cards, The lightweight quality makes it easy to use in a laser printer).
- 1 piece of 12” x 12” solid color card stock (DCWV Double Sided Cardstock Stack, Textured, 58 Sheets, 12 x 12 inches).
- 2 coordinating sheets of DecoFoil
- Adhesive or Glue (Dotliner & Refill)
- Ruler or T-square
Note: Cio by Design is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.com. Use of these links are at no cost to you.
- Download the “Proj 1 Card – Double Z Fold Card” from the free resource library.
- Print the “Proj 1 Card – Double Z Fold Card” on a laser printer using 4 pieces of white card stock.
- On the first sheet, cut out the patterns and two blank cards using the border as your guide on the first sheet.
- On the second sheet, select one greeting from the page of six greetings and cut out with scissor.
- On the third sheet, cut around the thick border that includes a white blank card and patterned card.
- Plug in and set up the laminator to foil the patterned laser printed cards.
- Cut your Decofoil just slightly larger than your white printed patterned card stock pieces.
- Grab your parchment sleeve, and position your first three pieces of patterned paper between the sleeve.
- Make sure the laminator is hot and run it through.
- Once the card has gone through, pull out the first three foiled pieces from the parchment sleeve and put them to the side.
- Position your last final large card patterned piece with the decofoil between the parchment sleeve and run it through the laminator.
- Remove your large card patterned piece from the sleeve.
- Now that all the pieces have gone through the laminator, peel the foil sheets.
- Keep the used foil sheets as they can be used with toner paper for another projects.
- Collect all your patterned and Decofoiled card pieces on your table and craft mat.
- Get your adhesive or glue and put it on your table or craft mat.
- Grab 1 piece of blank white card stock cut it in half to produce two pieces measuring 11″ x 4 1/4″. If needed, fold the card stock in half and use scissors to cut in the middle.
- Score both pieces of newly cut card stock at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″. For those without a scoreboard, just fold the white card stock in half, then fold one of the halves in half again.
- Cut a 3 x 9 inch piece of colored card stock.
- Score the colored card stock at 3″ and at 6″. This means fold your colored card stock three ways.
- Cut a 5″ x 4” piece of colored card stock.
- Cut two pieces of 4” x 2 1/4″ colored card stock.
- Add adhesive to the two pieces of colored card stock.
- Position the first piece 4” x 2 1/4″ on the far left section centered to the left of the first score line on the white card stock.
- Position the second piece 4” x 2 1/4″ to the right of the score line centered between the second and third score lines.
- Position your 5″ x 4” piece of colored card stock on the far right section of your white card stock centered between the center score line and the edge.
- Grab your foiled patterned card stock.
- Add adhesive to the back of all four pieces of patterned card stock.
- Position each piece centered on it corresponding colored card stock piece.
- Grab your piece of 3″ x 9″ colored card stock.
- Grab your selected greeting and two blank square cards.
- Add adhesive to the back of the greeting and two blank square cards.
- Position the greeting in the far left section of your colored card stock to the left of the first score line.
- Position the first blank square card in the center section of your colored card stock between the left and right score lines.
- Position the second blank square card on the far left centered between the edge and the far right score line.
- Flip your colored card stock up to reveal the color side.
- On the far left add adhesive to that entire section.
- On the far right only add adhesive to 1/2 of the section, the area to the far right.
- Grab your base card. Fold it according to the score lines.
- Flip your 3″ x 9″ card and carefully position it on your base card.
Congratulations, you are finished.